Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I have realized that I am a rather verbose blogger. No Earnest Hemingway here.
See, there- I said the same thing twice in two different ways.
It's not my fault, though. It's a genetic disorder inherited from my dear old Dad. Every time he comes over to have me type a letter, I shudder. It's never less than 4 handwritten legal pad pages. Never.
Love him, though. Other than the verbose thing, he's the best.
And fortunately, it's only a problem in written form.

Had some fun yesterday with the good old homemade dough. Recipe is 4 C flour, 1 C salt, and 1 and 3/4 cups warm water. FYI- this makes quite a bit of dough. I could have halved it (and saved 2 C flour) and still had plenty for two kids. The only problem was that we made beads, only to have the holes swell shut as it dried. So, we'll have to try a different dough for beads, I suppose.

On another note, here is a list of some of the things I hope to win via the Bloggy Giveaways contest.

1. Smurf Paperdolls
2. Mastercard gift card
3. Barbies
4. Angelina Ballerina books
5. an MP3 player
6. a cupcake tote bag

I'm just getting started. And it looks like my contest for the $15 Amazon card has slightly more than 2 players. (!!!!!!!)

Finally, here's a little something that's bringing us some joy today. While unpacking, we found our felt sets. These are officially called "Felt Tales" sets, but called "felties" around here. The first set we ever owned, the fairies, got us through a 14 hour car trip without a peep from Sister. Did you catch that? NOT A PEEP in 14 hours. Was it the best $18.99 I ever spent? You'd better believe it.



3 comments:

Beck said...

CUPCAKE TOTE BAG! Gosh, that would be great.
Those little felt guys are cute. And now back to making cake with The Girl.

Jessica said...

Well Beck, she won the cupcake tote bag!!

Congrats Susan!

Cristan said...

When you make beads next time - try putting a toothpick or straw in the hole during the drying time - that might help!

Doesn't it ROCK that Beck mentioned us this morning - whoo hoo!