Monday, March 10, 2008

prayer request

I was skimming through my blog favorites tonight and was shocked by Mary Beth's post at Salt and Chocolate. She had been off the radar for a little while and now I know why: her 16-month old son, Rainer, has been diagnosed with leukemia. So, could you:
1- Pop over there and leave her an encouraging comment?
2- Add Rainer to your prayer list?
I can only imagine how it would feel to find out that one of my children was facing such a disease- not only the fear of losing them but also the ordeal of the treatment (3 years in Rainer's case.) I know I would want everyone on the planet praying for us. So, please say a prayer for little Rainer tonight (and his parents, who probably need it even more than he does at this moment.)
Thanks, friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine, truly. Fear is paralyzing, and just thinking about this right now makes me feel numb. I will certainly head over there and comment. Thanks for sharing.

Meg said...

I was going to make a similar post--I still will. I figure she and Rainer need as much positive prayer going their way as possible.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. It makes my stomach hurt just thinking about the possibility of such a thing happening. Thanks for the heads up.

Beck said...

Good God. That just makes me sick to even think about. That poor, poor family.